About Me

My photo
I currently study and live in Birmingham and am in my second year of university, undertaking a degree in media and communication. I used to blog (about fashion, style, clothes etc.) but for various reasons stopped. However, I now find myself at a point where I have more developed and informed opinions on an array of different things, including the fashion industry. This blog is not going to be photos of outfits and clothes, but my view on a multitude of topics surrounding the fashion industry. Fashion is something that I love but as media undergraduate I want to write articles that avoid the wishy washy adoration so commonly reflected in fashion blogs and magazines. It's interesting to look a little further and dig a littler deeper.

Sunday 5 August 2012

Seaside Soiree

Top; H&M, shorts; old cut offs, sandals; Topshop, bag; Eastpak

I am back from another trip away from home, but this time I went down to Devon for a couple of weeks as I do every summer, and it was a very enjoyable trip indeed. I spent the first half of my trip in Paignton and I must say that the weather was incredible! I got more of a tan there than I did in Tenerife. I spent most of my time on the beach or in the garden just relaxing and reading, and just generally loving life. The second half I headed over to Exmouth where the weather took a turn for the worse, but I still managed to go on a bike ride to Topsham before the really heavy rain showers hit.

Throughout the trip I wore quite simple outfits because of the warm weather however it may have also been due to pure laziness on my part. For me being comfortable is greatly important when I'm deciding what to wear in the morning so this tshirt and denim cut offs combination was typical for me. It may be slightly boring but I think the simplicity of it works well, and the addition of the green sandals give it a well needed pop of colour. The bag is one I got years ago for school when I was about 13 and was what I used when I went to the beach.

P.S. Over the past two weeks I have consumed enough food to feed an average family for a month. Need to get back on the pilates this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment