About Me

My photo
I currently study and live in Birmingham and am in my second year of university, undertaking a degree in media and communication. I used to blog (about fashion, style, clothes etc.) but for various reasons stopped. However, I now find myself at a point where I have more developed and informed opinions on an array of different things, including the fashion industry. This blog is not going to be photos of outfits and clothes, but my view on a multitude of topics surrounding the fashion industry. Fashion is something that I love but as media undergraduate I want to write articles that avoid the wishy washy adoration so commonly reflected in fashion blogs and magazines. It's interesting to look a little further and dig a littler deeper.

Sunday 3 April 2011

essentials


So I did go shopping this weekend! But don't get too excited, it was only for essentials, so no new clothes to show you all I'm afraid. I did buy a new shampoo that I've never come across before though, it's called Scandalous big & beautiful volumising shampoo. Its not the usual kind of shampoo I'd buy, but it was on special offer so I thought why not treat myself. It's also quite a big bottle so it should hopefully last quite a while too. Whilst I was in Superdrug I couldn't resist looking at the makeup section, and I was immediately drawn to the bright blue, glittery, Barry M nail paint. I love, love, love glitter so had to put it in the basket.

While I was in town I went into Lush and asked about what cleanser would be best for my skin and came away with a sample of herbalism. I have to say this now, it absolutely stinks! I hope it works though, because my skin has been really bad over the past few months and just keeps getting worse. Fingers crossed.

OK, so I couldn't go out to the shops and just buy essentials. I went to Newlook (where they had completely re-done the whole store since my last visit) and fell in love with these black espadrille wedges. They are a canvas material with a buckle strap round the ankle, I think they are perfect for the summer months but also suitable for wearing when I go out in the evenings. I can't stop wearing them round the house, just need some summer weather now.

No comments:

Post a Comment