About Me

My photo
I currently study and live in Birmingham and am in my second year of university, undertaking a degree in media and communication. I used to blog (about fashion, style, clothes etc.) but for various reasons stopped. However, I now find myself at a point where I have more developed and informed opinions on an array of different things, including the fashion industry. This blog is not going to be photos of outfits and clothes, but my view on a multitude of topics surrounding the fashion industry. Fashion is something that I love but as media undergraduate I want to write articles that avoid the wishy washy adoration so commonly reflected in fashion blogs and magazines. It's interesting to look a little further and dig a littler deeper.

Monday 11 April 2011

I can speak without somebody else operating me




I absolutely love Miley Cyrus. There I said it. I know over the past year or so there has been a lot of controversy about her music and the way she presents herself, but in my personal opinion I think she has the right to do what she likes now. She is no longer a Disney star, admittedly Hannah Montana is still shown on Disney channel but she no longer films any new episodes. She is 18 years old and deserves to express herself the way she likes, who can blame her for wanting to shake off the Disney look? So what if she wears denim shorts? I wear denim shorts just as short, if not shorter, than her and i am a year or so younger than her. It is completely normal for girls her age to dress like that, so why can't she, just because she is famous doesn't mean she hasn't got the right to dress that way. I do realise that she does sometimes wear quite revealing outfits, but never out on the street, they are always her stage outfits. The whole point of stage outfits is do something different and dress up in a way that you would never normally do day-to-day. There are plenty of other female singers/performers who wear much riskier outfits on stage, yet they don't get as harshly criticized. I know they are a few years older, but still isn't a good enough excuse. It is all taking the attention away from the fact that she is an extremely talented singer and actress, and I am sure she has a lot of great things a head of her. Lets focus on the positives for a change.

1 comment:

  1. love her too. x


    p.s. I'm having 2 giveaways on my blog right now for studded denim shorts from runway dreamz & a necklace from pure jewelry if you'd like to check it out. xx
    devorelebeaumonstre.com

    ReplyDelete