About Me

My photo
I currently study and live in Birmingham and am in my second year of university, undertaking a degree in media and communication. I used to blog (about fashion, style, clothes etc.) but for various reasons stopped. However, I now find myself at a point where I have more developed and informed opinions on an array of different things, including the fashion industry. This blog is not going to be photos of outfits and clothes, but my view on a multitude of topics surrounding the fashion industry. Fashion is something that I love but as media undergraduate I want to write articles that avoid the wishy washy adoration so commonly reflected in fashion blogs and magazines. It's interesting to look a little further and dig a littler deeper.

Sunday 3 July 2011

holiday haul

First of all, this post wasn't meant to be a haul, insted it was meant to be an outfit/photography post but I couldn't get my desktop to work which has photoshop on it. So I have to do that at school tomorrow. Right, on to the haul. This is a collective haul, all of which is for my holiday next monday. It looked like a lot more in the bags, that might be because I haven't included some items as they were quite boring and also because some were underwear. I did buy a super cute crop top from Topshop in the sale but when I got home I realised it had a whole in it so it has to be taken back. All the things I got were all reasonably cheap because I didn't want to spend a great amount before my holiday, so if you see some items you like you won't feel as bad about buying them.

No. 7 eyeshadow brush from boots was £6.75 but I had a £5 voucher so it was only £1.75 which is a massive bargin. The quality is amazingly good.

All these beauty items are from Superdrug or Wilkinson and are all relatively cheap, I can't remember the prices off of the top of my head. The shirt is from Primark and cost £6, its quite sheer so I'd deffinitely put a cami underneath, but I am also planning to wear it as a cover up by the pool.




These are both from Newlook. The top was £1.99 and the dress was £14.99, both are very good prices. The top is more of a burgundy colour and is super soft, they have them in a range of colours. The dress is quite sheer when you put it on, but it's still wearable.


The top is from River Island and was £7.99 because it had £7 off, not sure if they still sell them because I got this before they started their massive sale. The shorts are from Topshop and were £26 but I got them for £20.80 because it was 20% for students that week. They still sell the shorts and although they are labelled as hotpants they aren't as short as other hotpants I have tried in Topshop.





I have fallen in love with these sunglasses! I didn't think they would suit me at first but when I tried them on they looked perfect. They were £13.99 from River Island, so not too expensive for sunglasses, especially as they are quite good quality ones. The case was also from River Island and was £4 in the sale, which I thought was a bargin. They had loads of them in a box by the tills, so go check it out.


Lastly, I got a bikini from Newlook whic was £7.99 for the bottoms and £12.99 for the top, but I did get a student discount so it was slightly cheaper. They are sold as seperates but they only had the same size for both top and bottom left, but I tried it on and it fitted me perfectly which was pretty lucky.

Sorry for the long post but I didn't want to not do a post if that makes sense? Also sorry for the poor quality of the some of the photos, I took them when it was getting dark so some of the colours didn't show up properly.

No comments:

Post a Comment