About Me

My photo
I currently study and live in Birmingham and am in my second year of university, undertaking a degree in media and communication. I used to blog (about fashion, style, clothes etc.) but for various reasons stopped. However, I now find myself at a point where I have more developed and informed opinions on an array of different things, including the fashion industry. This blog is not going to be photos of outfits and clothes, but my view on a multitude of topics surrounding the fashion industry. Fashion is something that I love but as media undergraduate I want to write articles that avoid the wishy washy adoration so commonly reflected in fashion blogs and magazines. It's interesting to look a little further and dig a littler deeper.

Friday 29 July 2011

the Film List

I have managed to come up with a rather long 'film list' and I am dying to watch them all, but I may have some trouble as some haven't been released yet. Despite this I thought I would share my list with you, you never know you might find yourself adding them to your 'film list' too. I appologise for the description (or lack of) but you have to understand that 1. I have never watched any of the films, I have only watched the trailer and 2.I am no film critic or writer, so have no experience in this type of writing. So instead I have decided to pick out fitting quotes that sum the films up.

Kaboom: written and directed by Gregg Araki, featuring (the weirdly attractive) Thomas Dekker, Haley Bennet and Chris Zylka. "teen sex comedy, a murder mystery and a supernatural thriller into one weird, wonderful curio"
Break my Fall: written and directed by Kanchi Wichmann, featuring Kat Redstone and Sophie Anderson. "they fall out of love with one other and subsequently lose control over their lives"

Treacle Jr: Written and directed by Jamie Thraves, featuring Aidan Gillen and Tom Fisher. "by the time the credits roll onto the screen, the film has challenged and inspired you, little by little working its magic, etching away the mid week blues as it gently warms the heart"

The Tree of Life: written and directed by Terrence Malick, featuring Brad Pitt, Sean Penn and Jessica Chastain. "growing pains and sibling rivalry, of faith and fortitude, of the struggle to provide, of the obligation to protect and educate our children, of how life can be given and taken away"
The Princess of Montpensier: directed by Bertrand Tavernier, featuring Mélanie Thierry, Grégoire Leprince-Ringuet and (the absolutely gorgeous beauty) Gaspard Ulliel. "evocative and thought-provoking screenplay, which darkly depicts the corruption jealousy can have upon innocence"

Restless: directed by Gus Van Sant, featuring Mia Wasikowska and Henry Hopper. "small, sweet, self-conscious and full of little pleasures"
The Sleeping Beauty: written and directed by Catherine Breillat, featuring Carla Besnaïnou, Julia Artamonov, Kerian Mayan and David Chausse (yummy). "constantly surprising, thought-provoking investigation of the female psyche" (this is the film I want to see the most out of all of them but it might not even be released on DVD, sob).

Love Like Poison: written and directed by Katell Quillévéré, featuring Clara Augarde and Michel Galabru. "quiet but confident, about the moments and months when you lose your childhood innocence"
Never Let Me Go: Originally written by Kazuo Ishiguro and directed by Mark Romanek, featuring Carey Mulligan, Andrew Garfield and Keira Knightley. "the new bleak blockbuster"

Midnight in Paris: written and directed Woody Allen, featuring Owen Wilson and Rachel McAdams. "an American in Paris who finds he can travel back 100 years every midnight"
Blue Valentine: written and directed by Derek Cianfrance, featuring Ryan Gosling and Michelle Williams. "Blue Valentine warms your heart and then freezes it over".

Sleeping Beauty: written and directed by Julia Leigh, featuring Emily Browning, Rachael Blake and Ewen Leslie. "this anti-erotic fairytale mystery is weirdly haunting"
Heartbeats: written and directed by Xavier Dolan, featuring Xavier Dolan, Monia Chokri and Niels Schneider. "transports the emotions to a heightened state"

No comments:

Post a Comment