About Me

My photo
I currently study and live in Birmingham and am in my second year of university, undertaking a degree in media and communication. I used to blog (about fashion, style, clothes etc.) but for various reasons stopped. However, I now find myself at a point where I have more developed and informed opinions on an array of different things, including the fashion industry. This blog is not going to be photos of outfits and clothes, but my view on a multitude of topics surrounding the fashion industry. Fashion is something that I love but as media undergraduate I want to write articles that avoid the wishy washy adoration so commonly reflected in fashion blogs and magazines. It's interesting to look a little further and dig a littler deeper.

Wednesday 5 September 2012

an unpredicted love

I have developed a new love for a brand that has been under my nose for years; Jack Wills. Now, if you had asked me how I felt about the Jack Wills brand a couple of years ago my response would not have been the most favorable. In fact, being brutally honest I thought that Jack Wills was an overpriced upmarket sports brand that was frequented by 'posh' boys and girls. I had never looked past the heavily branded hoodies to see that actually there is a lot more on offer which is fashion forward. There is definitely a heritage vibe about the clothing, featuring classic cuts and pieces that you really can't go wrong by. The colour palate is totally up my street and perfect for the approaching change of season. I am in love with the hat featured above, when I tried it on in the store I did have a Millie Mackintosh air about me, but I couldn't bring myself to part with the money(the hat in store was a deep brown colour which isn't available on the website).
I don't know if it was just me who felt like this towards the brand but I'm happily surprised to be proven wrong. I don't know what exactly made me walk into the Brighton store, but I sure am glad I did. I also had a preconception that I would feel a bit intimidated in the store itself but once again I was proven wrong. What are your views on Jack Wills?

1 comment:

  1. Soo overpriced but all the stuff is so lovely! :(

    Peacecrosses.blospot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete