About Me

My photo
I currently study and live in Birmingham and am in my second year of university, undertaking a degree in media and communication. I used to blog (about fashion, style, clothes etc.) but for various reasons stopped. However, I now find myself at a point where I have more developed and informed opinions on an array of different things, including the fashion industry. This blog is not going to be photos of outfits and clothes, but my view on a multitude of topics surrounding the fashion industry. Fashion is something that I love but as media undergraduate I want to write articles that avoid the wishy washy adoration so commonly reflected in fashion blogs and magazines. It's interesting to look a little further and dig a littler deeper.

Sunday 21 August 2011

this is your town

Over the past few days I have been desperately wanting autumn to arrive, but, of course, it is still August so I have a little while to wait. This desire for the season to change is probably partly due to all the stores bringing out their autumn/winter collections, therefore making me want to buy them, and due to it being the height of summer I have no way to justify buying them right now. That said, England is known for its shabby weather, so it wouldn't be a waste of money as I would be able to wear most of the clothes almost all year round. I keep telling myself this as a way of justifying going on a massive shopping trip; so far no use.

All items are from Topshop apart from the shoes
I found these lovely items on the Topshop website (surprise surprise) and am really wanting to buy them all, but alas Topshop prices are on the higher end of my budget, so all of this would be out of the question. I included a pair of vans and converse both in black because I simply love the idea of black shoes with black skinnies right now. Definitely going to buy the converse. These items sum up my winter look really; jeans and a baggy tee or cosy jumper.

p.s. I started my new job yesterday at the pharmacy in the next town along from where I live. Didn't get off to a great start, but the pay is decent. It feels good to be earning my own money.

No comments:

Post a Comment