About Me

My photo
I currently study and live in Birmingham and am in my second year of university, undertaking a degree in media and communication. I used to blog (about fashion, style, clothes etc.) but for various reasons stopped. However, I now find myself at a point where I have more developed and informed opinions on an array of different things, including the fashion industry. This blog is not going to be photos of outfits and clothes, but my view on a multitude of topics surrounding the fashion industry. Fashion is something that I love but as media undergraduate I want to write articles that avoid the wishy washy adoration so commonly reflected in fashion blogs and magazines. It's interesting to look a little further and dig a littler deeper.

Saturday 9 June 2012

a solution to my swimwear dilemma


I so desperately wanted to do an outfit post but I've just been moping around my house attempting to do revision and occasionally venturing out to walk Bonzo, so my outfits have definitely not been photo worthy. Instead I thought I'd show you my newest purchase from H&M; this gorgeous turquoise bikini. I actually bought two new bikinis last year, one of which was from H&M, but both didn't fit as well as I'd like. I actually loved the black, tassel H&M bikini I bought last year but I had a bit of a blonde moment in the shop and ended up buying both top and bottom a size too small, only to realise when I unpacked on holiday. My brain obviously doesn't adapt well to European sizes, and this year I made sure to triple check before going to the till. I'd already eyed up this bikini online and despite it being placed directly in front of the door in the Oxford Street store there was an abundance of my size! What I didn't realise before trying it on is that it had these beautiful stones on the ties, which was a nice surprise and makes it look less plain. However, I'd be a bit cautious when buying swimwear from H&M as I have found that they all come up very small, it might just be me but definitely try before you buy as I had to go up several dress sizes. But all in all I think this is a very good bikini and is a must have, especially if you are heavier on the top. Its nice to have a swimsuit that fits, even if it is a size 16.

1 comment: